Note: Ponzan University no longer requires their Medicine students to sit the UCAT exams.
In this article, we’re going to give you an overview of The Poznan University of Medical Sciences and the medicine courses it offers which require UCAT for admission.
An overview of the Poznan University of Medical Sciences
Poznan University of Medical Sciences (PUMS) was established in 1919 and has over 8,000 students enrolled out of which 1,000 are international. PUMS has been teaching the medicine program in English for over 20 years
The University offers four dormitories for English-based program students. These are:
All the dorms are in close proximity to the city-centre. On average, the cost of each dorm is 142-192 USD per month for a single room and 96-148 USD per month for a double room. However, first-year students can only be offered a double room.
Poznan is one of the largest cities in Poland and has almost 135,000 students enrolled over 28 universities. Traveling around Poznan is extremely easy and living costs in Poland are very affordable!
NOTE: In relation to the Medicine program, Poznan has not offered exact requirements but the program is competitive and it is expected student’s score highly in all their assessments.
The University has not been ranked by these three recognised systems.
|Times Higher Ed Rank
|Academic Ranking of World Universities
Poznan University of Medical Sciences Medical Courses offered that require UCAT
|Length of Course
|Advanced Doctor of Medicine
|Academic Entry Requirements:
- Secondary school degree at a high enough level to be eligible for admission to University
- AND students must have a minimum Bachelors University science degree
- Students are required to perform at a high standard in the following:
- English Language
- Students must major in:
- Medical Sciences
- OR Pre-Med
- OR Biology
- OR Chemistry
- OR Physics
- Students must also have a total of 735 hours of prerequisite coursework in:
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- General Physics or Statistics or Mathematics
- Course in the field of humanities (i.e. relating to Sociology, Anthropology, or Human Behaviour)
Poznan University accepts students based on their:
- Academic achievements
- Knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- Self-introduction, motivation, and interpersonal skills
- Volunteering and experience in health services
- English language skills
- Entrance exams examine students’ knowledge of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The exam will have 60 questions with 20 questions in each of the following areas: Chemistry, biology, and Physics. A score below 30% will prevent applicants from partaking in the interview. In the test, there will only be one correct answer for each question.
Students will need to do the following:
- Complete an online application. In the application students must include:
- Transcripts showing University transcript(s) covering pre-medical coursework
- Passport bio page
- Any other information you would like to be considered
- Complete an entrance examination in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- Undergo an interview
- Ensure you meet the minimum English requirements
- If you pass the examination, you must submit:
- Transcript of all education programs
- University degree diploma
- High School Leaving Examination certification or equivalent
- Recommendation letter from a science faculty member from the previous education
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- Completed health certificate
- Criminal Background check
- NOTE: An application can only be submitted once per academic season.
- On the day of the interview, students will be required to complete a written entrance exam. Once this is finished, students will sit an interview. The questions asked in the interview will be related to the three sciences and interpersonal skills that is demonstrated through work experience and other voluntary work.
|6 Years Full Time
|Center for Medical Education in English