In this article, we’re going to give you an overview of Western Sydney University and the medicine courses it offers which require UCAT for admission.
An Overview of Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University was established in 1989 and currently has over 43,000 students enrolled. There are a large number of campuses scattered across the Greater Western Sydney Area, including:
Accommodation is available on campus and both off-campus. There is transport located close by to accommodation and a large number of facilities students can enjoy.
The university has extensive facilities for students studying medicine and has a range of extra-curricular activities you can get involved in to make your university experience balanced.
|Times Higher Ed Rank||QS rankings||Academic Ranking of World Universities|
Western Sydney University Medical Courses Offered that require UCAT?
Western Sydney University offers a Doctor of Medicine to high-school leavers.
The following table outlines the course offered, its specifics, and entry requirements such as UCAT and ATAR scores.
|Medical Courses||Course Code||Entry Requirements||Length of course||Campus taught|
|Doctor of Medicine||725505||ATAR:|
- The minimum ATAR required to secure a place in this degree at the university is 95.5.
- The minimum ATAR for Greater Western Sydney applicants is 93.5.
- The minimum IB score required is 38.
There are no prerequisites for this degree.
Admission into this program is based upon a culmination of 3 factors:
- Minimum ATAR
- UCAT Results
Student applications are ranked for an offer based upon the combination of scores of UCAT, ATAR, and Interview.
Interview Criteria and structure:
- Criteria: The assessment will test your capability to succeed within the learning environment, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and your motivation to undertake this program.
- Structure: The interview is structured as a Multiple Skills Assessment and involves applicants rotating around 8 stations to complete a range of activities and discussions. You will have approximately eight minutes to respond at each station.
Other options to entry:
- If you are not offered a place at the completion of Year 12, you are able to apply whilst studying a degree. These applications will be assessed based upon GPA.
- Approximately, 120 places are offered into this program. 20 of these places will go to International students.
|5 years full-time||Campbeltown|